Tuesday, May 17, 2016

2016 Census Reminder : Complete it today , it's the Law !

Article = None , personal Experience.

Ok. I filled out the census, reluctantly, online. Luckily it was short.
And I got mailed a nice big thick envelope with a threatening note on it. I'm getting sick of this Justin Trudeau crap of threatening everyone if they don't pony up their personal information so he can sell it to his business partners and they can spam the hell out of you with it.

So I'm gonna fill out this census in a perfectly truthful , though somewhat hostile , way. And tell you all about it.

:)

On the envelope we see the afore mentioned threat. :  Complete it today , it's the Law !

Given the vagrencies of Canada Post , I doubt they can tell what day you got it , or even whether or not it got lost in the mail.

Opening the envelope we see ...
A postage paid return envelope. A census form (english) another census form (french) , and a letter from "Statistics Canada" (no name given) .

Oh , there is a name at the bottom, Wayne R. Smith, Cheif Statistician of Canada.
And another threat.
Important Note : If you refuse to complete a census questionaire this information may be documented and refered to The Public Prosecution Service of Canada for further action. 

The boy wonder Justin is definately not getting my vote next election.

On the other hand it says if you already filled out the census we have their thanks.  And the questions arn't any different than the ones I filled out online. And they still think I might have six people living with me in this tiny little bachelor pad. ha ha.

Guess I get to toss it.

After I check out the return envelope.
Postal Code : PO box 99998 , K1A 9Z8

Dang , it's the OMPP (Ottawa Mail Processing Plant, the main mail depot in ottawa) I was hoping it was Justin Trudeau's election district. That would have made a nice controversy. Oh well ,better luck next time.

One last check of the fine print before I toss it ....

Bingo !   "Statistics Canada will obtain your income information from personal income tax and benefit records"  And they reserve the right to use the information for "Other statistical and research purposes" meaning ANYTHING THEY FEEL LIKE !!!

They just gave themselves the right to sell your income tax and benifit (health information) data to anyone in the world they feel like. Since the previous census mentioned "business partners" (waaaay down deep in the small print) yeah , your income tax info and health info just became for sale to anyone with two nickles to rub together.



No comments: